Mertens Riding School
Mertens Riding School is a motor-racing training centre open to everyone, founded by world champion motorcyclist Stéphane Mertens. It offers:
- A team of dedicated, qualified and experienced instructors able to meet the needs of each individual rider, whatever their ability.
- A full training programme comprising various methods of coaching and a variety of one- and two-day courses.
- A professional structure with sophisticated training material (digital radios, on-board HD+ cameras, instant timing equipment, TV video equipment, and more).
- Supervised independent riding sessions, or, « Trackdays », every week, and ‘event days’ involving free-riding sessions with advice on hand at weekends and on bank holidays.
- Efficient organisation: close attention to all riders’ comfort and welfare, stringent briefings, accurate timing, and track managers and medical staff always on hand.
- Numerous technical services: transponders, mechanical and tyre maintenance, equipment hire, gift packages, introduction to riding in pairs, and so on…
Children’s courses and Enduro or Supermotard courses for adults. The FioStar School, approved by the Belgian Motorcycling Federation (FMWB), is run by four-times Superbiker world champion Fred Fiorentino and offers:
- A dynamic, family and non-competitive atmosphere
- A Basic instruction: safety, braking, acceleration, balance, technique, what the flags mean, explanation of commands, and more
- Working with cones, plus a mini-circuit adapted for children
Getting to know your bike is the first step in motorcycling!
de Radiguès Rider School
The de Radiguès Rider School, a long-term and valued partner of Mettet, organises two-day motorcycling training courses open to everyone whatever their ability and experience, regardless of the make or model of their bikes.
You’ll work in one of six groups ranging from total beginners to expert level, with a maximum of nine per class. Each group will have their own dedicated licensed instructor for the two days, who will be helped by six staff members and by Didier de Radiguès himself.
You’ll enjoy the benefits of an intense and unique programme developed and perfected over more than 10 years.
The training programme includes, among other features:
- 10 theory briefings/10 personalised debriefings
- 14 training sessions of 20 minutes each
- Duo-Run (individual course) filmed and recorded
- Three video sessions, timing, and speed radar
A sporting, friendly and team-spirited atmosphere together with very limited rider numbers on the track mean an exceptionally high level of safety is guaranteed.